Monday 17 October 2016

Math and Pumpkins

Happy Monday!  Here's a little look at this week's Math Centres.  

At this centre, the kids have to count out the correct number of each shape listed on the card (see photo below for a closer look at the card).  Then they use those shapes to create a picture.



This group is playing Tenzie (it was so popular last week, that we're playing again this week!)

This group is working together to put the numbers 1-20 in order and then match the correct number of pumpkin seeds to the numeral on the cards.

and this group is filling in missing numbers














(oh, I just couldn't resist sharing my own "mommy moment", this is what I saw when I sat down at my computer this afternoon....my heart!)

Here's a look at an art project most of us finished up today.  We started these on Friday and painted them today and they are stunning!

We've got a few blank spaces because a couple of kids were away and need a bit more time.


Here's a close up look.  Watercolour with glue resist.  Come on in and take a look, they are even more beautiful in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment