Wednesday 15 June 2016

Beginning, Middle and End

I had three different meetings after school today so I was unable to get these photos on the blog until now.  Today, we learned that fictional stories have a beginning, a middle and an ending.  I read "Goldilocks and the Three Bears" to the class.  I chose this story because I wanted the kids to be familiar with the story already.  Most of them were.  As I read, we discussed what happened at the beginning.  We stopped several times during the reading to discuss.  Then, the kids went back to their tables and drew the main events that took place at the three points during the story.  Everyone worked really hard.  Each student made an effort to include lots of details in his/her pictures to show what actually happened in the story.  After drawing, I asked each child to retell the story to me in his/her own words.  Sequencing and retelling are two really important reading skills.  

(I know you're getting tired of hearing this, but Library Books are due back tomorrow. Thank you!)

































No comments:

Post a Comment