Thursday 10 November 2016

Weekend Homework

I have recently acquired a free-standing loom that I am so excited about.  I'm hoping you can help us gather some natural materials that your children can use to weave into the loom.  At some point over the next 4 days, if you get chance, can you please take a look outside (in your yard, on your street, in the forest, at the park, at the beach...) and see if you can find something that we could weave into the wire.  Some things that work really well are ferns, bendy sticks, ivy, leaves, long grass .... or anything else that you can find in nature.  I'm going to ask each child to tell the story of their item (where they found it, what it is, why they chose it) before inviting them to add it to our loom.  I'm looking forward to seeing what you find!

No comments:

Post a Comment