Tuesday 15 November 2016

Weaving Our Stories

Tomorrow is Hh sharing day!

Today, we brought in things that we collected on the weekend.  Each person who brought something had a turn to tell us about his/her item. We saw so many different natural materials and heard a little bit about why each person chose to bring them to add to our loom.  After sharing, each child added his/her items to the loom.  I encourage the kids to continue to find natural materials to add.  This will be an ongoing project that kids can work on when they wish.


I brought leaves, I have lots of leaves.  I found them outside my house.  I don’t know what kind of tree they come from.


I found this leaf in the park. My sister was bike riding and I was walking home and I put it in my pocket, my pants pocket.  I chose it because it would be great.


I brought a plant from my garden and I brought flowers.  I don’t know what kind of plant it comes from but it’s always fluffy like this.  The flowers came from the flower garden.  I brought them because they look pretty.


I got them with my cousin named Kaden and my sister and my mom and me.  I was at my Papa’s house but my Papa wasn’t there because he was at Palm Springs.  I chose these sticks because I thought they were cool and you can weave with them.  My sticks have moss on them.



I don’t know what this is but me and my dad were gardening in my front yard and we were gardening leaves, so we were putting the leaves in the garbage can and my dad found this for me.  It grows a lot in my garden.



I found all of this stuff on a big, big, long, long, long walk. I went with my daddy and my dog.  I found moss.  I don’t remember the name of where my walk was but I was in the forest. I brought some sticks and moss and leaves and a spiky one. 

I brought this but I don’t know what it is.  I think it’s a stick.  I found it in the woods.  I was going for a walk with two of my friends.  I chose it because it’s cool.




I brought a stick and a leaf.  I found them in the grass and on the sidewalk in the park.  The park is beside my grandma’s house.  I like to go down the slides because it’s a giant slide and it goes all the way up to the giant’s cloud.  I went to the park with my grandma and grandpa and auntie and Rosie and mama and daddy and Joshy and my dog.


I found this from my home and the park.  I found some leaves and some sticks.  I showed them to my mom and she took them and they were really pretty.  These sticks are bendable.

I brought bark.  I found it on a tree, a cedar tree.  I also brought some mossy stuff.  I found it on the ground.  I found all these things in Whistler. (These items sparked a discussion about how the aboriginal people used and still use these natural materials.  The lichen is used as a dye, among other uses.  The cedar bark is/was used for many things such as clothing and baskets)


(The pictures are out of order here, sorry.  This is when we just got started)

I forget the name of this but I found it at my house.  There’s a plant that gives it so my mom cut it off of the plant so it can sleep through the winter.  I forget the name of it, but in the spring and summer it grows purple flowers (together, we remembered that it is called clematis).  Yes, it’s clematis!

I brought some of this pointed stuff.  It’s a branch out of a tree.  It doesn’t have the same leaves as other trees.  These leaves are pointy.  I got it from beside my house.  The tree is growing beside my house.  I like it because it helps everybody breathe in the world.

I walked with my mom and brother down the laneway by our house to the forest.  These are the things my brother and I thought were cool.



I brought grass.  I found it in my alley by my house.  There is a lot of grass there.  I brought it because it’s long. 

I got my sticks at the park with BeeHaven.  I found them with my friends.  I chose them because they were bendy and they were easy to go in the loom. 


I brought leaves. Me and my mom went for dinner at the restaurant when we saw my dad.  I found them in the ground.  I have a bug on here too.

No comments:

Post a Comment