Thursday 8 June 2017

Yesterday and Today

Hi Parents, I hope to see you later this evening for the ice cream social.  The rain won't stop us from having fun!  It is an outdoor event, you may want to bring an umbrella along.  We have a couple of tents to keep us dry.  

We have 6 children in our class with summer birthdays.  I would love to have them celebrate with us at school.  They are more than welcome to bring a birthday book and we will sing and "blow out" candles.  If you are the parent of one of our birthday babies, please let me know which day your child would like to celebrate.  

Today, I did a lot of assessment.  Checking in on letter recognition, letter sounds, tracking when reading....that sort of thing.  Several of the kids told me excitedly that they have been reading books at home.  I suggested that it would be great if they could bring those books to school to read to the class.  Of course I will support them when needed.  So, if your child would like to bring in a book to read to the class, that would be great!

Finally, please check your child's backpack for a form for our end of the year field trip to the water park.  We will need parent drivers again.  If you are able to drive and haven't already submitted the necessary paper work, please let me know and I'll make sure you have everything you need.


Here are a couple of photos that I didn't manage to post yesterday.  





We have some new classmates.  We are watching them grow and change.


Some more creative building with these blocks.  I think we're dreaming of summer and waterslides!




No comments:

Post a Comment