Friday 13 October 2017

From Yesterday

I didn't manage to out photos yesterday and I haven't taken any photos today, so I thought we'd do a "throw back Thursday" all the way back to yesterday!









I feel terrible because I wanted to introduce her "officially" but I didn't manage to take a photo of her. Miss Cecchini is a teacher candidate (we used to call them student teachers) from UBC.  She joined our class yesterday and will be here every Thursday for the next little while.  Later she'll be here for 2 weeks and then at the end of the year, for 10 weeks!  We are so lucky to have her here.  I will officially introduce her with a picture next time she's here!



We learned about growth patterns.  This one is yellow, one green, yellow, 2 green, yellow, 3 green,yellow, 4 green (and so on)










We also worked on some math centres yesterday.  The task at this one was to match the crayons (counting the dots) with the crayon box with the corresponding number, numbers 1-5.


Here, kids counted items and matched them to the corresponding backpack (numbers 6-10)

Here, we recreated and extended some pretty complicated patterns using blocks!





At this math centre, we matched pictorial representations of numbers to their numeral equivalents.























No comments:

Post a Comment