Friday 19 February 2016

One More Hundred Year Old

I have one more "One Hundred Year Old" photo to share.  She looks a little like how I feel today!  We've had such a busy and productive week that we took it easy today.  We spent a good deal of time working on some dot to dot pictures that went up to 100!  Some kids really enjoyed the challenge of trying to connect all 100 dots.  I was very impressed with the perseverance I saw!  We also played outside when the rain was at its lightest. It felt good to be in the fresh air since we've been cooped up inside a little bit lately.  


Thanks to those of you who returned the Young Actors Project forms and money so quickly.  We are missing 8 forms/money.  I received forms from 3 people but did not see the $11 with the forms.  If you're not sure if you brought yours in, please check my board right by the shape of the day.  I'm keeping track there.  

Also, I know there is a frozen fruit bar sale going on for third term.  If you are interested in having your child take part, please return order forms to the box at the office. 

Next Wednesday is "Pink Shirt Day".  It's a day that people are encouraged to wear a pink shirt and we highlight the ideas of acceptance and belonging.  

Wednesday will also be Rr sharing day.  

I will be absent from the class on Thursday morning because I will be taking part in on of our school district's "Ready, Set, Learn" events.  This is an event geared towards three year olds and their caregivers.  If you have a preschooler or know of someone who might be interested, please visit the North Vancouver School District's website for more information.  

I will be back at school on Thursday afternoon.  At about 1:35, we will have our first school-wide Lockdown Drill.  Please come and talk with me if you have any questions about this.  

Looking ahead to the following week:  Monday, February 29th is a District wide Professional Development Day (this is one that was added to our calendar later than the others to support the implementation of the new curriculum).  

We had a couple of kids go home during the day today with sore tummies.  There may be a bug going around….sigh!

I think that's about it!  Have a great weekend….hope you stay dry and have some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment