Friday 12 February 2016

Jump Rope and Valentine's Day

Happy Friday!  You'll have to excuse me, this post has pictures that are all out of order and mixed up, but I want to share them with you and I don't have a lot of time to try to put them in the right order.  I'm pretty sure you can make sense of it all!

We did our Jump Rope for Heart event on Wednesday and I've just managed to import the photos, so I thought I'd share them with you today.  Some are at the beginning of this post and the rest are at the end.  We had a great time jumping with the students in Div 1, they taught us how to do lots of new things and were very encouraging as we tried these skills. The last day to return Jump Rope for Heart donations is Monday.  Donations can also be made online.

(a random weaving picture)







Today, we had a visit from Ms Munro who teaches Grade 3.  She came in to read us a great story called "Frog in Love".  She likes to visit us on Fridays and we always enjoy our time with her.  We even taught her a new song called "Doily" today (we made it up because some of us learned the word "doily" today).



This afternoon, the Sutherland concert and jazz bands came and performed for us.  They are a very talented group and we enjoyed learning about all of the instruments.


Some building photos from this morning….



After Music class today, we handed out our Valentine's cards.  The kids worked really hard to read all of the names of their classmates and deliver the cards to the bags with the matching names.  This was a lot of work and the kids did a fantastic job!  Everyone helped one another and there was a lot of kind words exchanged which warms my heart!














Then came the best part, checking out all of the loot!  Again, so many kind words…I heard "thank you" and "I like the card you gave me" and many more lovely comments.  






And, as promised, here are some more photos from our Jump Rope event.  The first few are photos of the warm up and the rest are pretty self-explanatory.  Enjoy!






















No comments:

Post a Comment