Tuesday 8 September 2015

A New Year!

It was so great to see all the kids today.  I can't get over how much they have grown and changed in 2 short months.  They look so ready for Grade 1!  It was great to hear all about the fun and exciting summers that everyone had.

I know this can be an uncertain could of days for students and families.  I thought I'd fill you in a bit on what to expect tomorrow.  The kids will start the day with me.

They should bring all of their school supplies to school with them tomorrow.  I had some questions about whether or not to label the supplies.  All teachers have a different system for organizing supplies.  Some may be used communally, some may be kept with each child.  Just to be safe, I recommend labeling the supplies.  I don't think it's necessary to label each individual pencil, but I would be inclined to put the child's name on the pencil box.

When they arrive at school, they will bring all of their belongings into the classroom.  I have told them not to hang anything on the hooks in the coat area.  Once we know for sure that are enrollment numbers are correct, we will begin moving students to their new classes.  If all goes as planned, this should happen sometime before recess.

At the end of the day (remember that Wednesday is 2:00 dismissal), your children will leave the school from the main entrance doors.  Before school starts, I recommend arranging a meeting place somewhere outside the front of the school so that your child can find you easily.

Another thing the kids are wondering about is snack time.  In Kindergarten we ate snack sitting at our tables.  In Grade 1, the kids will eat their snack outside at recess time.  Please consider sending a snack that is easy to eat "on the move" and that your child can open themselves.  Snacks requiring spoons/forks are difficult to eat outside.

I hope this helps you prepare for tomorrow.  It has been such a pleasure teaching your children.  They are so special and I will miss them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment