Monday 6 February 2017

A Different Morning

I don't have any photos to post today but I did want to write and let you know how the morning went.  As you know, we have begun to encourage the kids to enter the school on their own, saying good-bye at the door.  They rose to the occasion.  They came down the ramp, hung up all of their snowy belongings and entered the classroom to begin our morning routines.  Once we were settled, I asked them, "what was different today?" and "how did you feel?"  One student said, "parents aren't allowed in the school anymore."  I assured them that this is not the case.  Parents are always welcome and allowed in the school.  But I also explained that the kids are more than capable of getting their belongings organized and ready for the day.  When I asked the kids how they felt, some of their answers were: "happy, proud, brave, grown up, big".  I asked if anyone felt nervous or worried.  Some nodded their heads.  We talked about this.  I assured them that there are always people at school who will help if needed and that it takes time to feel comfortable when things are new.  I told the kids how proud I was of them.

I wanted to write and thank you for your support.  But also to make sure you know that you are always welcome to come to the class to see your child's work or to talk with me when you need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment