Tuesday 1 March 2016

Student Led Conferences

You will be receiving your child's second report card next Monday.  On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday next week, I will be hosting Student Led Conferences in the class.  We have not yet had this kind of conference so I thought I would explain how they work.

First of all, we will be dismissing students at 2:00 on Tuesday and Thursday to allow time for these conferences.  (Wednesday will still be our regular 2:00 dismissal).

Sign up sheets are going up by the office tomorrow sometime after 12:00 noon.  Please sign up at you earliest convenience.

You will notice that the sign up sheets look different this time.  Time slots are separated into half an hour blocks with room for 4 people to sign up within that time frame.  Students are "in the driver's seat" and will share things from around the classroom with you.  I will be in the class to support the students and to answer any questions you may have.  There are 4 students and their families in the room at the same time.  These are not one-on-one conferences like we had at the beginning of the school year.  The half an hour time slot is the maximum amount of time that the conference may take.  You are not obligated to stay for the entire half an hour, once your child has shared all that he/she is planning to share, you are welcome to leave.

I have tried to provide some early time slots as well as some later times for parents who are unable to get to the school earlier.  If these times don't work for you, please let me know and we will try to arrange another time.

I hope this makes sense.  If not, come in and chat with me and I can give you more information.

thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment