Wednesday 20 January 2016

Nightlights, Gymnastics, Toys and Sharing


We started our day today in the dark, surrounding an item that was brought in for sharing.  This is a nightlight that changes colours and it created a lot of interest!  So, off went the lights and we all had a good look before getting back into our day. 

We welcomed our new student today.  She had her fist gymnastics class with us and seemed to love every second!  Please congratulate your children for being so welcoming and helpful.  It really is a pleasure to spend my days with your children, they are such a kind and caring group of kids!

We only have 2 more Gymsense classes remaining (tomorrow and next Monday) so I thought I'd post some more photos and you can see how our skills are progressing.  Again, apologies for the number of photos.  I try to get photos of each person and then I forget who I've already taken photos of and before I know it, I have 65 photos!  Enjoy….


























































We've been having some difficulties with toys like these coming to school.  I have asked the kids to leave such toys at home, but inevitably, they come back to school.  On the playground, they are being shared with some kids and not with others, resulting in some kids feeling left out and not included.  The person with the toys seems to take on a role of the one "in charge", the one who decides who can be included and who can't.  I encourage the kids to play together, show compassion and be inclusive.  These toys are making that challenging.  So, I'm asking for your support.  Please encourage your child to keep toys at home.  Please make sure that toys are not coming to school in pockets and backpacks. Thank you.

I knew I already had a lot to post today, so I didn't take photos of each child's sharing items.  Here is a look at some of the things that were brought in for sharing.  Ask your child if he/she remembers the names of the items.

No comments:

Post a Comment