Monday 4 January 2016

Happy New Year!

Welcome back!  I hope you all had a lovely winter break with your families.  I heard a lot about all the great things you got up to.  When I asked about what our parents thought of the presents we made for our families I heard a lot of "my mom almost cried"… I hope you liked them!  

It was great to see how ready the kids were to be back at school.  There were lots of stories to be told and lots of excitement about the snow.  



Because I thought the snow wouldn't last throughout the day, we made sure to get outside early to play and explore.  We had the whole playground to ourselves before recess and had so much fun!


























(sorry for the upside-down angels, I don't know what happened there!)








All the classes attended a square dance workshop in the gym today.  We met Paul, who taught us about the music that accompanies square dancing.  We played freeze dance and we learned 3 square dance "steps".  Sorry for the number of photos, I was trying to get a photo of all the kids "in action" (not an easy thing to do!


























After "Freeze Dance" we partnered up and learned how to promenade.






























In your child's home envelope, you will find a form asking for $10 to be sent in for our participation in the Gymsense Program that is coming to Brooksbank.  We will have 3 sessions a week for the next three weeks.  

Also, thanks for going through your child's extra clothing bag and sending it back.  I realize I didn't explain why I sent home all of the extra clothes and shoes.  Sometimes, things become too small over the course of a couple of months and sometimes some of the clothing gets used and not replaced.  Especially at this time of year, I would really like each child to have an extra pair of shoes that stays at school and a complete change of clothes.  Thanks so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment