Thursday 1 October 2015

Photos, Cupcakes and Cleaner-Uppers!

The next two photos are not all that exciting, other than to remind you that the proofs of the individual photos came home today.  Any orders are due back to me by Oct. 9, which is next Friday.  

This photo is about retakes (I know you can't read it here, so I'll explain how it works…).  If you are not happy with your child's photo, they can have retakes.  Please bring the order package back to me and indicate (clearly please) that you wish for your child to have retakes and I will send the package with him/her to the photographer on retake day.  I do not yet know the date for retakes.  You can contact the school office for more information.  


We celebrated 2 birthdays today.  One student had his birthday today and another is going to be turning 5 tomorrow (but won't be at school to celebrate).  We had some cupcakes in the sun and then we had some outside play time.


Here's the birthday boy!





This might be a good time to let you know about birthdays.  The Primary Team of Teachers at Brooksbank decided that we would come up with a consistent plan concerning the delivery of birthday invitations.  If you are planning on inviting the whole class, you can bring the invitations in and you can put them into kids' home envelopes.  The same goes if you are planning on inviting all the girls or all the boys.  If, however, you are planning on inviting some of the kids in the class, please do so away from the school/classroom.  It can be hard for some kids to understand that sometimes some kids are invited and others are not, especially when you are amongst the latter group.  Thanks for your understanding with this.

Birthday treats are often something I get questions about too.  Birthday treats are lovely and the kids really enjoy and appreciate them.  I ask that they be small and easily eaten.  I am unable to cut cakes during the day, so cupcakes/rice krispee squares/cookies work the best.  Healthier choices are great too, but again, something that is easy to hand out to 22 students works best.  I will often leave the treats until the end of the day, or we may have them right before an outside break time.




Finally, I wanted to share these two photos.  At the end of the day, we play in centres and there is often quite a lot to clean up.  These two kids went above and beyond today.  One student tucked in all the chairs without being asked and the other cleaned the house centre up with such care.  I told them how proud I was of them and that I wanted everyone to know!


No comments:

Post a Comment